We connect health technology startups in our network with talented undergraduate, graduate, and post-graduate students to internship programs.
International Bioinnovation Scholarship Program
S P R I N G 2 0 2 4
Looking for Bioinnovation Startups host a graduate student for a five month research project
- Hosting a scholar will add a highly skilled and self-driven graduate student to your team while contributing to the next generation of bio-innovation entrepreneurs.
- The program covers major costs and supports the scholar so they can focus on their research project in your startup.
- Build connections to Denmark’s strong bioinnovation sector and their talents, research, industry and data.
The International BioInnovation Scholarship Program is a program that matches Danish top graduate students with bioinnovation startups in Silicon Valley for a 5-month long research project either in the spring (Feb 1 – Jun 30).
The Silicon Valley-based management ensures the scholar and the startup can hit the ground running:
- Drive the process from recruiting to arrival
- Covers major costs (visa, flight, rent, monthly stipend)
- Support logistics including housing and flight
- Organize social and professional entrepreneurial events
Who are the scholars?
- Talented and ambitious graduate students interested in learning about and experiencing how to bring research to market from Danish Universities
- Students studying any discipline within STEM can apply, including life science, biotech, computer science, engineering, and data science
- Students from Danish universities are enrolled (or are about to be enrolled) in a graduate program
Who can apply?
- bioinnovation start-up that is willing to host a scholar
- requires a dedicated project allocated to the scholar
- a mentor that will support the scholar
- based in the San Francisco Bay Area
- at least 5 full-time employees
- start-up with a 12-month funding runway preferable series A
What our entrepreneurs have to say about hosting interns …
It was a complete pleasure for all of our team to have Gabor work with us. He had a huge impact on the company (technically, culturally, all around), and we are sad to see him leave.
What our interns have to say about their experiences …
Life changing. These two words fall short to express what the Silicon Valley experience has been like for me. What has my day to day life been like? A tremendous exposure to a lot of innovative and disruptive minds that I will be eternally grateful to for challenging me every day to bring out the best version of myself on a personal and professional level. This experience would not have been possible without the program, to which I am grateful for the opportunity to meet many people who passed on their knowledge, their passion and to whom I owe part of the person and professional that I am today. Special mention also to the company I worked with, Berkeley Lights, where I learned to think big and the importance of having a good team to achieve your goals. Thanks for everything Silicon Valley, hope to see you again soon!
For more information, contact email@example.com
International Bioinnovation Scholarship Program (bioinnovationprogram.dk)