The Rosenman Symposium is the premier event for the San Francisco Bay Area's health technology community. It is held annually in June at the UCSF Mission Bay campus. Join us to learn from leaders in the health technology industry, meet dynamic startups, and connect with hundreds of players in the Bay Area ecosystem.
1:00 - 1:30 PM Registration
1:30 PM Sam Hawgood, MBBS, Chancellor, UC San Francisco: Welcome
1:40 PM Benson Smith, Chairman, Teleflex: “Challenges & Opportunities from an Acquirer’s Perspective”
2:05 PM Tejal Desai, PhD, Professor & Chair, Dept. of Bioengineering & Therapeutic Sciences, UC San Francisco: “Engineering Nanostructures to Heal the Body”
2:50 PM Joe DeSimone, PhD, CEO & Co-Founder, Carbon: “Digital Light Synthesis: The Future of 3D Manufacturing”
3:15 PM Jeffrey E. Shuren, MD, JD, Director, Center for Devices & Radiological Health, FDA: “Reimagining the Medical Device Oversight Paradigm” View slide deck
3:40 PM Andrew Thompson, CEO, Proteus Digital Health: "Digital Medicine: Creating a New Category of Pharmaceuticals"
4:30 PM Panel Discussion: “The Future of Innovation in Health Technologies: Aligning All the Stakeholders”
Moderator: Josh Makower, General Partner, New Enterprise Associates
- Wende Hutton, General Partner, Canaan Partners
- Tina Ivovic, Senior Director, Global Field Health Economics and Reimbursement, Abbott
- Kate Rosenbluth, PhD, CEO & Co-Founder, Cala Health
- Renee Compton Ryan, VP, Venture Investments, J&J Innovation
- Jeffrey E. Shuren, MD, JD, Director, Center for Devices & Radiological Health, FDA
5:30 PM Reception